Well done for making it over the first hurdle and to the interview table – the next hurdle, and it’s a big one, is impressing in person.
This, in a nutshell, boils down to portraying an image of positive body language.
Therefore, you should consider the following:
- Check your appearance before entering the building (or alternatively find a toilet where the interview may be held)
- If need be, have some water on hand so that your mouth isn’t dry.
- Be conservative with colours and don’t wear too many – your clothes should be clean and neat.
- Look groomed, as this will show you have prepared for the interview – bear in mind that first impressions stick. If you’re after a good salary you shouldn’t look cheap!
- Stand upright and have a firm handshake ready for whoever you meet.
- Don’t sit down first, wait until you’re invited to take a seat and make sure you sit upright and avoid fidgeting.
- Keep your hands still (we’re emphasising this fidgeting point).
- Look your interviewer in the eye and maintain eye-contact throughout the interview. If you’re being interviewed by a panel, try and give each member of a glance throughout.
- Speak slowly, consider your tone, dictation and pause to emphasise keywords – be aware of your voice as it reflects your personality, a good voice will also highlight your confidence.
- Wear a smile!
- Be optimistic but be careful not to come across too confident and over presumptuous – there is a fine line between arrogance and confidence.
Cordant People Recruitment partner with Centrepoint charity to provide support to young homeless people
Cordant People Recruitment partner with Centrepoint charity to provide support to young homeless people Cordant People are extremely excited to announce the start of our partnership with the youth homelessness charity Centrepoint. Centrepoint are a leading UK charity who provide…[read more]
The springtime; a time famed for cleaning and flowers, but why just stop at cleaning out your cupboards? Ever considered spring cleaning your CV too? Here’re our top tips in order to do just that: 1. Brush Away the Dust…[read more]
Considering we now spend on average about 13 years at work throughout our lifetimes, It’s becoming increasingly important, now more than ever, to keep hydration levels high so you can be sure you’re always running at 100% while in the…[read more]