In 2013 Georgia started with us as an Apprentice Administrator, 5 years and 3 promotions later, now she’s a Client Service Manager.
Being it #NationalApprenticeshipsWeek we decided to ask Georgia how she thinks her apprenticeship helped to get her to where she is today.
Introduce yourself and tell me what it is that you do?
How did you find your apprenticeship?
What were the benefits of doing an apprenticeship?
- Being given an opportunity to work within a business without having any or very little experience.
- Getting hands-on experiences – rather than being stuck in a classroom you get to tackle real-life projects, problems and tasks.
- Opens you up to industries and jobs that you never imagined you’d get into, enjoy or knew existed!
- Being paid to learn and to learn without any financial burden.
- Getting the opportunity to work alongside and getting training from experienced colleagues.
- Having a personal tutor who helped complete your modules on a 1-2-1 basis – it meant you didn’t have to go it alone or rely on a colleague having the time to help.
- There is a wide range of courses to choose from.
- Gaining a qualification at the end!
- Having the potential of being offered a permanent role within the business you have completed your apprenticeship with.
Would you recommend an apprenticeship to someone, and if so why?
This week is Volunteers Week 2020 and so we thought we’d talk about the benefits of volunteering from a personal perspective and also looking at how it can increase your employability. Benefit 1 – The Feel Good Factor Volunteering makes…[read more]
Following 9 weeks of lockdown and as daily rates of confirmed cases starts to drop, the government have announced their plans to return to ‘normal’, starting with the reopening of schools. 1st June marks the phased return of children back…[read more]