Having Friends is Good for your Soul
More than a third of our life is spent at work, so it’s important to be happy and healthy in your working environment.
Having friends, especially someone you consider a best friend at work is proven to not only be a benefit to your mental health, but also leads to employees being seven times more engaged at work.
Work Friends = Increased Productivity
A study of 168 employees found that workplace relationships significantly increased performance when reviewed by their superiors.
Other research has found 70% of employees say having friends at work is a crucial element to a happy working life.
50% of employees with a best friend at work reported that they feel a strong connection with their company, with 35% having a higher commitment to quality to their workload.
And lastly, those with a best friend at work are 1.2 x more likely to say that have the opportunity to do what they do best, in their career.
Make Friendships a Goal
How to encourage and nourish friendships in your organisation:
- Be open to communication and collaboration
- Encouraging communication and collaboration makes not only for an inclusive culture, but also leaves a natural pathway for people to build relationships and make friends.
- Encourage people to get to know one another
- Cross-departmental terms and committees are a surefire way to get people mixing with individuals they don’t usually get to spend time with. This opens up their chance to make friends and find people they connect with.
- Promote and participate in social activities
- Holding social events allows staff to spend time together outside of work, and get to know one another on a more personal level. By participating in these events, you will encourage relationship building, but also potentially find a new friendship of your own.
One of the most essential pieces of tech that underpins what we do at Cordant People is Connect, a multifunctional recruitment platform built with candidates in mind. Having recognised a need for a remote onboarding system back in 2017,…[read more]
We have added SourceBreaker to our ever growing tech stack. Revolutionising candidate sourcing and attraction, whilst improving our already industry leading recruitment services. The new technology allows us to: Grow our candidate pool by over 200% – supporting more…[read more]