We are working with a leading international multi-service provider, offering textile, hygiene and facility services solutions who are looking for an Account Manager to join their team in Redruth.
As an Account Manager you will have overall responsibility for retention and development (growth) of existing customer base by delivering exceptional levels of service and building relationships with the customer in line with the business strategy. Implement segment strategy campaigns and develop customer portfolios. Think like the customer and act as the voice of the customer internally.
- Act as a lead point of contact for all matters specific to your customers.
- Understand the needs and future requirements of customers through proactive account management.
- Communicate clearly the progress of monthly KPIs to all relevant stakeholders including customer retention, additional sales and customer attraction.
- Understand quality standards set by the company and agreed with each customer. Retain ownership of the customer service level agreement.
- Forecast and track customer metrics to predict trends. Highlight opportunities and threats to appropriate managers.
- Analyse lost business/complaint management data and implement appropriate action to reduce these figures every month.
- The effective management of notified terminations with a principle aim of customer retention.
- To discuss outstanding debt issues with customers agreeing satisfactory outcomes for both parties.
- Work with the RCAM to review the commercial viability of accounts, recommending improvements or additional services.
- Ensure the Company’s growth targets for the customer portfolio are achieved on an annual basis.
- Agree price increases with customers as advised by the Company.
- Push for improvements, applying commercial thinking in making choices on existing and emerging customer requirements.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good written and verbal skills.
- Ability to listen to and influence peer group and department team members to build and lead effective working teams.
- Good attention to detail and the ability to analyse data and interpret the information effectively to continuously improve the department and/or team.
- Ability to organise self and others to ensure tasks are carried out in a timely manner.
- Customer focussed.
- Flexible and able to react quickly to the needs of the customer and company
- IT literate (Microsoft Office).
Experience / Education:
- Demonstrable experience in sales and/or service management
- Experience with selling “technical” products to businesses with an important after sales/service process
- Educated to degree level or equivalent and/or experience in Account Management with a track record of success.
- Experience of implementing continuous improvement programmes.
Benefits for an Account Manager:
Favourable bonus structure
National Structure to facilitate ambition
Working within a great team
If this sounds like the job for you or you would like to hear more about this role, please click APPLY now or contact Jodie Tucker – Cordant People – Barnstaple on 01271 859135 or email me on
If you have not received a response within one week, then please assume that on this occasion, you have not been shortlisted. Thank you.
Cordant People are an equal opportunities employer
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer