My client, a growing and expanding business advisory firm in the heart of Liverpool City Centre is looking to recruit an accounts administrator to join their team.
Accounts Assistants work on the timely delivery of services, whilst being supervised and supported by senior members of the team. It is an opportunity to gain an understanding and experience in Bookkeeping, preparation of management accounts and accounting business processes.
Operate business processes remotely for clients, maintaining accounting records and operating the systems in a timely manner. This will be a challenging and rewarding role where you will:
- Support the senior members of the team with any work requirements, ensuring tasks assigned are completed on schedule and maintaining awareness of the budget at all times.
- Process transactions, prepare and post journals, update ledgers, perform bank reconciliation and cash book analysis as required to complete monthly reporting processes
- Reconcile accounting information to supplier statements, bank statements and other sources to ensure accuracy of financial information
- Completion of both monthly and quarterly management accounts
- Assist with VAT compliance
- Work as part of a team to provide ad-hoc accounting assistance and ensure clients are provided with excellent service
- Work with tools including Xero, Sage Line 50, QuickBooks and other similar systems
- Provide support to other colleague teams dependent upon seasonality of core work
- An interest in studying AAT/a completed qualification and has a good knowledge of Microsoft Office especially Excel
- Experience of accountancy packages like Xero, Sage Line 50 and Quickbooks would be useful
- Well presented with a professional level of communication – both verbal and written
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer