Due to ongoing growth, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Assembly Operative to join an advanced engineering manufacturer, based at their site in Bromborough.
The company is a cutting edge manufacturer of machined components for a variety of industries including Aviation and Automotive and Mariner, both through the UK and Overseas, with large growth plans, meaning this is an excellent time to join this ambitious company. The progression opportunities are genuine for people with the right attitude and a desire to enhance their skills, proven throughout the progression evident within the company.
Reporting to the Production Manager, the role of an Assembly Operator is to drill, counter-sink, wet assemble rivets and other hardware using a variety of hand and machine tools. Working with an established team within the Assembly department, high levels of attention to detail and the ability to accurately follow processes and procedures are essential.
Responsibilities of the Assembly Operative are to:
- Working to close tolerances.
- Interpreting of technical drawings and instructions.
- Good eye for detail and a good level of manual dexterity.
- Working alone and as part of a team.
- Compliance to all Health and Safety measures within the department and the wider organisation.
- Completion of jobs within the specified time scales.
- Ensuring cleanliness, organisation and maintenance of own work area and wider shop floor.
Key traits of the Assembly Operative:
- Contributes to risk assessments and safe working practices.
- Complies with all safety policies and procedures whilst actively participating in the efforts to create and maintain a zero harm work place culture.
- Challenges non-compliant employees on safety policies and procedures, reports to senior management if necessary.
- Attends safety training courses as required.
- Actively seeks out and identifies Continuous Improvement Opportunities
- Liaises with relevant departments as required.
- Actively participates in cross function projects to ensure that goals are achieved and solutions implemented.
- Works effectively as part of a team or using own initiative in a busy manufacturing environment.
- Actively engages in discussions and openly supports team decisions.
The Assembly Operative skills:
- High level of attention to detail.
- Strong communication and team working skills.
- Responsible for the well being and health and safety of both yourself and fellow workers.
- Ability to work with accuracy, high levels of manual dexterity and to strict deadlines.
- Ability to work within set guidelines and to strictly follow instructions.
- Hardworking, enthusiastic, flexible and willing to be involved in improvement activities.
- Work within the guidelines set out in all Works Procedure Manuals and the Quality Procedure Manual.
- Assembly Manufacturing experience is essential, aerospace would be desirable.
- Experience using hand and automated assembly tools is required.
- Experience using and/or mixing resins is desirable but not a requirement.
Hours – Monday – Thursday 8am – 4.30pm, Friday 8am – 1pm
Salary – £25k
Plus enhanced holidays and enhanced pension schemes. Overtime available, Voucher schemes, Medicash and Private health care.
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer