I’m currently recruiting for a Business Analyst to join a leading company based in Chorley.
As Business Analyst, you will be a key team member reviewing, creating and implementing processes and procedures across the group transforming business productivity and enabling the ongoing growth of the business.
You will support the initial implementation and integration of projects and then the ongoing life cycle including the integration of acquisitions into the core business platforms, roll out of new products and services, delivering continuous improvements, and digitising their customer experience.
As Business Analyst you will work with stakeholders across the group and play a key role delivering change to support business strategy, you will also be involved in supporting the integration of acquisitions and implementation of the digitisation strategy for the Group. You will be provided with the development scope to fulfil your ambitions and develop skills in system configuration, reporting and project management.
- Build relationships within internal and external stakeholders to enable the smooth uptake of information from the departments in order to assess the current workflow.
- Gather business requirements (including databases, reporting tools, and systems integration) across multiple business units, looking at a variety of business systems through conducting interviews with internal stakeholders and or suppliers and documenting the requirements to define standards (user stories, use cases) to improve internal processes within the company and eliminate errors within the process flows and define requirements for new business systems
- Perform gap analysis to support the improvement of internal processes, by holding workshops to understand the current processes
- Challenge internal stakeholders on current processes and conduct a detailed analysis of business requirements against vendor features for presentation back to Internal stakeholders
- Engage and work with their vendors to ensure that business systems are implemented to the documented requirements
- Document and finalise the Business Processes across multi-functional departments for use in their ISO 9001 library
- Support and manage System Acceptance Testing, User Acceptance testing and Data migration to ensure all business systems being deployed are fit for purpose
- After go-live, agree and document required enhancements, work with internal stakeholders to agree on priorities and work with vendors to agree a content of a release and manage the release delivery
- Ensure the user community (internal and external) have the knowledge required to maximise system benefits, though a mixture of internal communication, training or updating online libraries for internal use
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking, and presenting to groups of people.
- Experience working with a variety of business systems to interpret usefulness, analyse efficiencies and drive change
- Demonstrable experience of building and maintaining key relationships with Internal and External Stakeholders
- The ability to effectively communicate the business change to all areas of the business and to external parties using a variety of methods
- Highly motivated to manage your own workload and responsibilities with effective use of time to manage own diary, making appropriate time in schedule to support others, attend meetings and work in the Chorley office as required
- Keen problem-solving ability with an analytical approach to tasks
- Previous Business Analyst experience with a focus on change management and driving change and improvements in the business
- Strong Visio and Excel skills (intermediate to advanced level)
- Excellent attention to detail to ensure the information being shared is always accurate and reliable, and right the first time.
- A confident, innovative and creative approach to customer interactions and resolving issues with the ability to present key findings to all levels of stakeholders, including Board level.
- Full valid UK driving license as there is a requirement to travel on a regular basis throughout the UK to visit other branches and vendor sites
- An understanding or interest in the technology industry
- Previous experience in a technology company would be advantageous although not essential
- Experience in project management
The basic salary for the Business analyst is £38,000 – £42,000 per annum depending on experience. In addition there are a host of additional benefits:
- A strong overview of how a fast-moving communications business works
- Training support and personal development
- Education on the latest technologies in the communications market
- Training and development on leading software systems
If you have not received a response within one week, then please assume that on this occasion, you have not been shortlisted. Thank you
Cordant People are an equal opportunities employer
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer