We have an exciting opportunity to work as a Business Development Manager with one of the leading producers of paper-based packaging in the world.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, ambitious and self-motivated Business Development Manager to join part of the company’s sales team consisting of Business Development/Account, Design and Technical.
You will be required to focus on new business development activity, together with taking on responsibility for some existing accounts. Typical accounts range between £40k to £400k per annum.
This role will require the Business Development Manager, along with the General Manager, to create exciting new opportunities using solution/value based selling and utilising the wide range of products to meet the new business requirements of the South West Sales Strategy and integrating these into the business on a regional and site level.
- Develop and agree with the General Manager a growth strategy focused on financial gain and customer satisfaction
- Identify and win new business prospects in accordance with this strategy
- Conduct research to identify new markets and customer needs
- Monitor commercial performance of accounts to ensure that targets are achieved
- Establish and develop relationships with new business prospects
- Meet agreed targets for new business growth from selected customers
- Active involvement in marketing and promotional activities
- Provide area report to ensure that all customer and competitor activities are brought to the management’s attention
- Work in conjunction with and provide support as required to the Sales/Business Development/Account/Technical/Design functions.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Educated to degree level or has previous experience in a customer facing sales role
- Experience of dealing with major blue chip accounts/ customers
- The job holder must have good commercial and technical awareness and the ability to develop our multi layered sales offering
- Good financial background and understanding of the key business drivers
- Good commercial acumen and awareness
- Good knowledge of customer sectors
- Solution driven with the ability to frequently come up with new and innovative ideas
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Excellent communicator at all levels within a business
- Clean driving licence
This role provides a company car and excellent career progression.
If this sounds like the job for you or you would like to hear more about this role, please click APPLY now or contact Jodie Tucker – Cordant People – Barnstaple on 01271 859135 or email me on
If you have not received a response within one week, then please assume that on this occasion, you have not been shortlisted. Thank you
Cordant People are an equal opportunities employer
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer