My client is looking for a Business Development Manager based in Middlesbrough.
The focus of the role is to bring on new business, in doing to maximise the sales revenue through the development of strong relationships with existing customers and new clients.
This role will generate sales outside my client’s core business and not solely on Oil & Gas.
- Increase revenue and create new business opportunities with both existing mid range/smaller accounts and new clients in Scotland through current, customised and new products and services, quickly building a strong new business pipeline
- Develop existing mid-range/smaller customer accounts to maximise revenue across all services, as well as engage in business development activity for new opportunities both in the local area and across Scotland.
- To effectively and confidently communicate with clients using multiple communication channels (telephone, customer visits and online communications).
- It is essential these activities are coordinated with marketing activity, and it is an expectation this role will work in collaboration with the Marketing Department to increase the revenue of the Aberdeen centres.
- To drive cross-portfolio product sales and new business via multi-level client contacts.
- Maintain and update company databases, in particular Salesforce CRM, contact details and the quick development of a strong business/sales Pipeline
- Co-ordinate and co-operate internally with production and planning on forecasting, promotion planning and new product launches.
- Devise specific short, medium and long term campaigns to achieve fill rate objectives
- Maintain and develop effective client relationships, devising solution based proposals that meet client requirements and create mutual opportunities for growth.
- Achieve revenue and sales targets in line with the company’s objectives.
- Utilise an indepth knowledge of both the market place and competitors to effectively present our company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Maximise client retention by ensuring internal and external client debriefs take place on a regular basis.
- Develop collaborative working practices between the sales and operational teams.
- Forecast revenue growth potential and new business opportunities, implementing plans to ensure they are achieved.
- Represent the company at promotional events, conferences, industry functions and trade or industry body events across Teesside
- Create weekly, monthly and annual business reports, including revenue v budget by product by client, pipeline, project conversion and utilisation/fill rates.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of current health and safety legislation and industry knowledge and horizon scan to determine if there are any potential new developments.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market competition.
Contributes to profits and revenue.
Promotes a harassment-free environment.
This role will suit somebody from a strong sales background and experience in winning new business from new clients and key accounts.
Salary is negotiable depending on experience.
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer