*Monday – Friday, 9.00 am – 5.30 pm*
Are you an experienced buyer looking for a new opportunity with an expanding and well respected company in Cardiff?
Are you keen to work with a progressive and forward thinking company that will support your career goals and aspirations?
Do you have excellent communication and negotiating skills?
If so, then the team at Cordant People would like to hear from you.
We are currently recruiting for a Procurement Professional / Buyer on behalf of our client based in north Cardiff.
- To negotiate and develop relationships with key vendors and service providers to ensure optimum price competitiveness and service levels are maintained.
- To monitor suppliers prices, delivery and quality performance to achieve predetermined targets and to discuss performance shortfalls with suppliers to ensure that these are addressed.
- To liaise with internal contacts to ensure effective processes are used; using knowledge gained to ensure a first class service is provided by suppliers/vendors and original manufacturers.
- To provide regular status reports and metrics on procurement related activities for monitoring and strategic planning.
- To assist in the development and implementation of purchasing standards, strategies, initiatives, policies and procedures.
- Efficient and cost effective procurement service provided to the business.
- Purchasing the best quality with the best price available in the market place at the time.
- Smooth and timely purchasing of stock to meet the needs of new and existing customers.
- To develop the procurement service continuously in line with the values of the organisation.
- High level of health, safety and environmental compliance.
- Additional duties as required
Essential Skills required:
- Effective organisation and prioritisation skills
- High level of computer literacy
- Effective interpersonal skills and able to build a rapport with suppliers and staff
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Good negotiation skills
- Experience in a purchasing role
- Experience in negotiating prices and service level agreements
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Logical and methodical thinker
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Can cope in an environment of change
- Able to influence others
- GCSE in Maths and English or equivalent
A CIPS membership would be an advantage, however, is not essential.
Excellent benefits package includes:
- 23 days holiday a year in addition to bank holidays
- Private medical insurance
- Life cover (Death in service) cover of 4 times basic
- Group Income Protection (Permanent health insurance) of 75% of salary less state benefit in event of long term illness or disability
- Employee Assistance Programme
- The People’s Pension – 5% of “Qualifying Earnings” for the employee and 3% employer
- Voluntary cash plan for everyday medical expenses eg. Dental, optical, chiropody etc.
- Occupational sick pay entitlement after qualifying period of 13 weeks
Interested? The we’d like to hear from you.
Please upload your CV today as a Microsoft Word document to be immediately considered.
Cordant People is an equal opportunities employer
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer