Due to ongoing growth, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Chemical Process Operator to join an established Chemical Manufacturer, based at their site in Liverpool.
You must have significant batch chemical manufacturing process experience, using both manual and automated processes, ideally have used SCADA systems and have worked on a Top Tier COMAH site.
The client is an established reputable Chemical Process plant, manufacturing high quality lubricants for a variety of industries including Rail, Oil & Gas, Marine and Automotive, constantly developing innovative products enhancing its products and services to their clients.
* Prepare to start up, monitor, maintain, handover and complete / shutdown a process
* Maintain product quality
* Carry out analytical testing to ensure product quality and integrity
* Identify, investigate and resolve faults, breakdowns and deviations
* Prepare process materials according to instructions
* Manage materials into and between production stages
* Separate and dispose of by-products and waste according to company procedure
* Pack, label, palletise and quality inspect products for despatch
* Clean and prepare items of plant and equipment for maintenance
* Complete first line maintenance where appropriate
* Maintain the condition of engineering assets, report equipment and materials defects to supervision
* Complete all documentation to the required standard
* To assist in the training and mentoring other team members
* Maintain area housekeeping and 5S status
* Update operations status via Tier 1 Board & permit status via Permit Status Board
* To comply with company Health, Safety and Environmental policies, procedures and arrangements.
* Where applicable, to inspect before use, and use correctly, the plant equipment, machinery and personal protective equipment provided, and take corrective action within your competency level and report to line management any defects identified.
* To report all Health, Safety and Environmental accidents, incidents and near misses promptly.
* To act in a safe and responsible manner at all times.
* Not to use any new equipment or carry out any modification or change of process or system of work, without first ensuring that adequate assessment and authorisation has been carried out through the Management of Change procedure.
* In the event of an abnormal situation or emergency, to carry out the necessary actions to ensure your own
safety and that of others, in accordance with the site Emergency Procedures
* Where necessary, stop processes safely where HSE is critically compromised.
* Participate in risk assessments and incident root cause investigations
* Contribute to writing Standard Operating Procedures.
* Active participation in continuous improvement and other lean manufacturing initiatives
* Participation in problem solving
* Assist in the training and development of other team members
* Take responsibility for own learning and development in the spirit of continuous improvement of both self and the business
Week 1:- 6am-2pm Monday – Thursday and 6am-1pm Friday
Week 2:- 2pm-10pm Monday – Thursday and 1pm-7pm Friday
Overtime occasionally available on Saturdays.
Salary – £25.5k inclusive of a shift allowance
Holidays – 24 days holidays
Pension, Insurance, Health package
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer