Preston / Fullwood
Full time / permanent
8am-6.30pm (Weekly shift basis) 37.5 hours per week
1 in every 3 or 4 saturdays with rota’d day off in the week
-hybrid working opportunities- (2 weeks in the office and 2 weeks from home each month)
£17374 + Excellent benefits including:
Team and Charity events, subsidised bus pass, free parking, annual competitions to improve the business with trips to Nashville, CEO awards, Qualifications CII and CILA, KUDOS reward scheme, breakfast bars and free soft drinks everyday.
Our Client is looking for a Claims Handler with a real passion to develop within a company. Experience is not necessary as full training is given to then develop through the highly motivated environment.
The role of the Claims handler will be to manage claims for a number of different products including travel, creditor, pet and motor ancillary which creates the potential to have a wide and varied role with opportunities for progression. Within the department there is an emphasis on proactive claims management skills, excellent Customer Service and the requirement to be able to handle claims across many schemes and Clients.
– Inbound and Outbound contacts
– Understanding the customers needs and being able to assist.
– Providing high quality and professional assistance dealing with calls promptly and courteously;
– To undertake initial notification of loss, assessment and validation of claim circumstances and calculate accurate settlements in line with policy terms and conditions ensuring a positive customer journey at all times.
-To ensure accuracy of all actions to minimise financial leakage and process all claims in a proactive manner to ensure no customer detriment.
-Sharing best practice with colleagues
– Contributing in regular team building sessions
-Benefiting from regular in house training
– Previous experience in a customer service role.
– Keeping up to date with regulatory changes
– The ability to confidently liaise with other parties.
– Work independently, as well as a part of a team when necessary.
– Good listener with effective communication skills
– Understanding and reassuring telephone manner
– Attention to detail
– Disciplined and focused to give 100% to every call
– Reliable and motivated
– Ability to learn multiple systems and processes
– Ability to problem solve and find the solution quickly and effectively
Cordant People are an equal opportunities employer