Responsibilities of the CNC Machine Operative are to:
- Ensure that machines are running to required cycle times, tolerances and specifications.
Ensure that machined parts are inspected to adhere to drawing specifications.
If machined parts are not adhering to drawing specification to raise this with Cell Leader and Quality Engineer immediately and take the relevant action.
Ensure work area is kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Comply with H&S and Company Policy procedures.
- Support product and process optimisation in line with the quality needs of the business.
- A minimum of 3 years operating CNC machinery is essential.
- Ideally worked within a busy manufacturing plant.
- Must be able to machine high precision parts with tight tolerances.
- Must be able to self inspect machine parts ensuring adherence to drawing specifications.
- Have the ability to read, understand and interpret engineering drawings.
- Good understanding of safe working practices.
- Experience of using Fanuc controls is required.
- Must be able to work within the structure of a team.
- Ability to listen to people and have good communication and teamworking skills.
- Must be able to work unsupervised and achieve relevant targets.
- Computer literate and have a good command of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook would be beneficial.
- Proactive and have a willingness to learn.
- ‘Can do’ attitude and always willing to support others.
Hours – Shift rotation Monday to Sunday
Monday, Tuesday, Friday (8am – 8pm)
Saturday, Sunday (6am-6pm)
Wednesday, Thursday (8am-8pm)
Salary – £24-27k dependent on experience, plus overtime.
Plus holiday and other benefits.
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer