My client is looking for a Compliance Coordinator to join their team in Gateshead. This role is 9-5 Monday to Friday and have some fantastic benefits to go along with the £40,000-£50,000 salary on offer.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Naval sector for the key role of Compliance Coordinator. This position is an opportunity for a dynamic professional looking to gain high-level exposure across multiple functional areas including export, import, customer, quality, HSE and business improvement. The successful incumbent will liaise with and influence senior level stakeholders within the Maritime business whilst enhancing their understanding of a complex global marine organisation.
- To support the development and implementation of strategies for export control compliance, in line with the business needs and corporate policy
- To understand and plan for the current and future needs of the business for exporting goods, software and technology through liaison with projects and the teams
- To establish and maintain processes and procedures to obtain the authorisation required for exporting goods and software and to liaise with the logistics organisation (Shipping and Transportation) to ensure compliance with them
- To establish and maintain processes and procedures to obtain the authorisations required for exporting technology and to ensure compliance with them
- To establish and implement processes to ensure suppliers to the business have complete and accurate information on which to base sound licencing decisions
- To identify the need for Export Point of Contact resources within the Marine business and to provide regular communications and training
- To conduct QHSE audits, manage the internal programme (9001 / 14001 / 18001), supplier and regulatory activities
- To maintain a risk management profile and ensure HSE critical controls are identifies, managed and effectively assured
- To provide governance support by ensuring compliance to company policies, standards, and applicable legislative requirements
- To create and maintain project quality plans
- To ensure governance is in place over calibration of tools and equipment
- To provide monthly metrics for Cost of Non-Quality, ‘Resolve Customer Issues‘ process and HSE observations
- To assist in embedding a business improvement culture by leading and documenting business improvement activities.
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements
- Ability to analyse complex business situations and to advise on the impact of export control regulations
- Demonstrate knowledge of developing and implementing strategic and tactical processes
- Proven experience of the ability to influence key stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to organise, support and develop training in a community of practice
- Knowledge and / or awareness of export control in a “high tech” or engineering organisation
- Knowledge and / or awareness of UK, ITAR, EAR, EU and Nordic regulations
- Valid EU Passport or other current permission to work in the UK.
The role will involve travel both in the UK, occasionally to the Nordics, and potentially overseas. The successful incumbent will work closely alongside personnel at locations in the UK and around the world.
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer