Permanent – 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Are you warm, friendly and genuine? Do you enjoy working with customers? We’ve an excellent opportunity to develop a rewarding catering career.
This exciting opportunity as a Cook is based in Durham . You will be joining an enthusiastic team of 4 professionals.
Your key responsibilities as the Cook are
- Ensure full area of responsibility is clean, appropriately presented and stocked at all times
- Ensure thorough and up to date knowledge and understanding of menu and special offers in order to provide relevant information to customers and clients
- Be responsible for smooth operation of relevant equipment reporting any maintenance issues in line with procedures
- Operate the till point as required throughout service, ensuring correct procedures are used
- Ensure all complaint handling is dealt with professionally and in line with procedures
- Ensure that COSHH, Food Safety and Health & Safety regulations are adhered to and any incidents are reported in line with procedures
- Adhoc duties to support the catering team and services
The experience and knowledge we are looking for from the future Cook include:
- Genuine interest in customer service excellence
- A great team player
- Catering experience desirable but not essential
Why it’s great to work for us:
28 Holiday days (including Bank Holidays) and increasing to 31 days after 3 years’ service, colleague pension enrolment lunch provided
As a Cook, you are also eligible for Eye Care Vouchers. There is the option to purchase up to 5 additional days holiday. You can receive a range of discounts on EE Mobile Contracts, at Nissan Motors, AA breakdown cover and lots more offers on leisure and entertainment, gyms and restaurants.
We are passionate about focusing on our colleagues and hold Annual Awards Events, recognition schemes every month plus training and career progression through the Academy and Apprenticeship qualifications.
You can request additional leave for charity work and we provide a Colleague Support Programme for health & wellbeing support.
We foster and believe in diversity and believe a workplace free from discrimination leads to a fun, supportive environment.
Cordant People are an equal opportunities employer.
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer