Cordant People Newport are currently recruiting for a Credit Controller to work with a well established business based in Newport. The position is working full time, office hours and is a permanent position.
You will be adept in carrying out the following:
- Management of the Calls and Reviews within the CMS system.
- Ensuring all conversations are recorded onto the diary management system.
- Working towards achieving monthly cash collection targets
- Working under pressure to tight deadlines on a daily basis
- Managing the scrutiny queue and making on the spot decisions whether to release the order for appearing in publication or not.
- Reconciling accounts as and where necessary, considering eventualities such as unravelling accounts and reallocating as necessary.
- Monitor and adjust credit limits to meet Customer needs whilst avoiding the risk of bad debt.
- Taking credit card payments over the phone directly onto the customers account.
- Dealing with irate and difficult customers, both internal and external.
- Negotiating repayment plans as and where necessary.
- Liaising with Sales and Sales Managers in person and telephone/Email regarding the status of accounts and payment collections.
- Preparing accounts for the Legal process
- Raising queries as and when required.
- Chasing outstanding queries from Sales.
- Working in a Team environment and supporting colleagues as necessary.
Undertake any other duties necessary to the efficient running of the Department.
In respect of the above role, Cordant People operate as an Employment Business as defined under the Employment Agencies Act 1973
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer