I am currently recruiting a Credit Controller to join a client of mine based in the Chepstow area. Experience in Credit Control is required for this position. You would be working for a fantastic company who have a great reputation. They really put loads of time and effort into their staff so they can really build a career and develop their skills.
Your main job resposibilities will be:
- Responsible for all aspects of Credit Control for their assigned companies within the Group.
- Manage the outstanding sales balances by contacting customers prior to becoming overdue to confirm payment dates, creating strong customer relationships and so resolve potential issues to ensure a steady payment stream from customers.
- Liaise with sales and other relevant staff to ensure debts are managed and they are aware of the Credit Control policies and procedures.
- Perform credit checks for new and potential customers.
- Preparation of weekly and monthly cash receipts forecasts. Ensuring that all cheque receipts are banked daily.
- Maintaining and meeting all KPI’s relating to credit collection and Debtors control.
- Provision of reports and financial information as requested by management.
- Ensure the smooth transit of Inter company and External sales orders for their designated companies, including allocation of stock, assisting Sales Admin with tax compliance/INCO terms at Sales Order point.
- Ensure that all transactions are compliant with legal regulations within the Group.
To be successful for this position you will have the following skills:
- Demonstrable experience of working in a Credit Control role within a complex environment.
- Experience of making credit decisions in a global context.
- Knowledge of accounts procedures, client ledgers, disbursements, Trade Compliance and office accounts.
- Possess a good understanding of Excel, Word, Outlook and SAGE.
- Excellent Negotiation skills.
- Be personable, confident, approachable, strong communication skills.
- Be able to use your own initiative
- Experience in other aspects of finance is desirable
With this you will get rewarded with a salary between £20,000 – £24,000 depending on your experience.
24 holidays + bank holidays, company pension, medical cash-back plan, employee assistance programme, free parking, life insurance, social events, plus free refreshments and fruit
If you are interested in this role and have the relevant above skills or experience then please apply.
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer