Here at Cordant People we are currently recruiting an experienced Credit Controller to join a client of ours in Chepstow. This is a permanent and full time position paying between £23,000 – £25,000 a year depending on your experience.
The Credit Controller is responsible for the delivery of all aspects of Credit Control within their assigned group of companies, working within the company Credit Control Policy and adhering to all Company policies and guidelines.
- Sole Responsibility for all aspects of Credit Control for their assigned companies within the Group – US, Australia, Brazil and UK
- Provide cover in Chepstow for Ltd Credit Controller during holiday or periods of absence
- Review the company credit control procedures, developing and implement enhancements to ensure the company is up to date with the latest credit management procedures and techniques.
- Manage the outstanding sales balances by contacting customers prior to becoming overdue to confirm payment dates, creating strong customer relationships and so resolve potential issues to ensure a steady payment stream from customers
- Liaise with sales and other relevant staff to ensure debts are managed and they are aware of the Credit Control policies and procedures
- Maintain accurate customer records, monitoring credit limits and payment terms
- Perform credit checks for new and potential customers the company from risk.
- Where required, initiate proceedings to ensure outstanding debts are bought to a satisfactory conclusion
- Preparation of weekly and monthly cash receipts forecasts. Ensuring that all cheque receipts are banked daily
- Maintaining and meeting all KPI’s relating to credit collection and Debtors control
- Provision of reports and financial information as requested by management
- Ensure the smooth transit of Inter company and External sales orders for their designated companies, including allocation of stock, assisting Sales Admin with tax compliance/INCO terms at Sales Order point
- Credit Control Filing and administration
- Provide cover for other Group Credit Controllers when required.
- Ensure that all transactions are compliant with legal regulations within the Group
- Experience operating as a credit control (1 year minimum)
- Previous finance/accounts experience is desirable
- Great attention to detail
- Very organised
- Confident on the phone
- Great knowledge of Credit control processes
If you have the required experience and you feel this role is for you then please apply now.
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer