Customer Service Officer
Cordant People have an exciting role available with a client based in Welwyn Garden City. This will suit a candidate who is local, willing to learn new skills and has an excellent phone manner as you will spend alot of the time on the phone. You do not need experience within the council or tax as my client are happy to train.
Do you have excellent customer service skills?
Do you have an excellent phone manner?
Are you looking to learn new skills?
If YES, Please read on and APPLY!
My client are looking for a Council Tax/Recovery Officer to join our committed and friendly Revenues team. You will deal with all aspects of the billing and collection and recovery of Council Tax, including maintaining computer records, dealing with routine correspondence, attending court, chasing unpaid debt and providing advice and explanations to customers at reception or on the telephone.
- Update Customer Accounts, ensuring each chargeable dwelling has an appropriate account linked to it.
- Offer advice and guidance to customers on all aspects of Council Tax liability, Discounts, and Exemptions.
- Issue correctly adjusted demand notices.
- Issue Reminders and Final Notices as Appropriate.
- Chase outstanding arrears via telephone/email or correspondence
- Issue Summonses as required
- Attend court when needed.
- Any other tasks as directed.
- Effective communication skills both orally and written.
- Ability to manage your own workload.
- Flexible approach to work to accommodate changing demands and priorities.
- Excellent attention to detail and computer literate
- Good team play.
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer