- Responsible for ensuring that the surgical devices/equipment are to the required quality standards for use in clinical departments.
- Disassembling and assembling of complex medical equipment following manufacturers instructions to ensure effective decontamination in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Using various IT systems, to log receipt of equipment as well as any discrepancies.
- Carrying out the operations and testing of disinfectors and sterilisers as well as the application of chemical and biological indicators.
- Must hold the Institute of Decontamination Sciences (IDSc) Technical Certificate or have achieved the relevant knowledge and experience through decontamination training.
- In addition must have a minimum of one years experience in the sterilisation and decontamination field.
- A high level of concentration is required to ensure compliance with manufacturer tolerances and specifications as well as with Scottish Health Technical Memorandum (SHTM) 2010.
- Manual handling skills required.
- Ability to manage your own workload, adhering to strict time constraints.
All successful applicants will be contacted within 5 working days. Unfortunately, due to the high levels of response we will not be able to respond to everybody.
As an equal opportunities employer, Cordant people welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer