Due to ongoing growth, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Design Engineer to join a Leading provider of Lead Engineered products.
With over 200 years experience the client lead sheet and lead engineering products to the roofing, health care, aerospace, defence, industrial, marine, oil & gas, security and research markets.
The Design Engineer will play a key role in the further development of the design department, developing and amending existing mechanical design solutions and manufacturing drawings based on customer specification.
Responsibilities of the Design Engineer are:
* Working closely with other departments to understand and interpret design requirements
* Develop bespoke design solutions based on customer design concept and or specification
* Production of detailed manufacturing drawings and BOM’s using 3D Solidworks and 2D AutoCAD
* Carry out design risk assessments for all designs produced and ensure design and drawing compliance with applicable British standards
* Drawing file management and maintenance
* Identify and co-ordinate with necessary external companies
* Design & drawing planning and estimating
* Assist with new product development concepts
The Design Engineer skills:
* HNC or equivalent
* 3 years experience of SolidWorks
* Extensive design experience including use of weldments and sheet mechanical design with Solidworks
* Worked to BS8888
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer