The role – Facilities Assistant (Part time – 3 days a week)
My client is looking for a Facilities Assistant specialising in buildings maintenance to join the Exeter office, providing an efficient and proactive support service to the south west locations. This is a part time permanent position, working 3 days per week although they are willing to be flexible for the right person.
The main responsibilities of the role include:
- Liaison with contractors relative to daily business processes
- Maintain the general appearance of the Firm’s offices and car parks
- Monitor the heating system, air conditioning and building fabrications
- Carry out minor repairs or arrange for professional contractors to assist where required
- Assist with porter duties when needed, including the transfer of storage boxes, various equipment and bulk paper etc
- Monitor the control of confidential waste and waste management
- Report on current building states and identify any cost requirements to the Head of Facilities
- Carry out additional duties as and when required
In order to be considered for this role, you will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. You will be able to work on your own initiative and be proactive with your resources to ensure that the Firm’s buildings are consistently maintained. It is also essential that you have access to your own car, as you will be responsible for the upkeep of the other south west offices. Although most of your tasks will be independent, you will also be a reliable team worker, working closely with the Head of Facilities. Above all, you must take pride in your work and be enthusiastic about presenting Ashfords as a reputable business.
We are a fair and friendly firm and encourage our people to achieve their career ambitions in an engaging and supportive environment. Our business support professionals play an integral part in the overall performance of the firm. As an open-minded firm, we consider our business support departments to be as equally important as our legal departments.
Our spacious modern offices on the outskirts of Exeter offers free on-site parking and a subsidised café. We pride ourselves in being a collaborative and diverse team that delivers great results for our clients and for our people.
Please click and apply or contact Joshua Rowberry at Cordat People (Exeter)
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer