We are working with our client who provides general facilities maintenance and construction project work to the commercial sector as well as facilities maintenance services for the Ministry of Defence at multiple sites in the South West.
A vacancy for a supervisor has arisen based an RM Chivenor. The purpose of the role is to plan and supervise direct staff and sub-contractors so that all operational activities for the main contract and additional works are delivered and KPIs and targets met. The successful candidate will be expected to manage designated teams in all aspects including; H&S, HR, performance and delivery. Although the primary location will be RM Chivenor, there will as required, be a need to support all operational activities across SDA31.
- Take leading role in allocating and scheduling planned, reactive and remedial maintenance work for direct staff and sub-contractors to deliver tasks within the SLA as well as additional works up to the value of £25,000
- Ensure sufficient resources including; labour, parts, materials and tools and equipment have been arranged and are in place
- Identify skills, competencies and any training needs of staff to ensure tasks can be delivered
- Performance manage staff including; objective setting, appraisals, managing poor performance and recognising achievements
- Undertake local staff management processes; recruitment, absence and leave management, welfare, grievances and disciplinary
- Deliver communication processes including tool box talks
- Carry out WIP and retro inspections
- Develop improvement plans and new ways or working through teamwork
- Report as required to Managers on operational performance and
- improvement plans and provide requested data, statistics and financial information
- Promote a pro-active safety culture. This will include checking of risk assessments, method statements as well as conducting site safety inspections and audits
- Lead by example to adhere to company processes and in support of ISO9001 quality systems accreditation
- Maintain call out rota and inform Helpdesk of change
Key Knowledge and Skills:
- Completed or working towards NVQ in Facilities Management or Supervisory Management qualification.
- Willing to undertake Safety Management qualification
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of achieving targets within a budget/fixed price contract
- Previous experience of working within an MOD environment
- Previous experience on a FM contract
Behavioural and Leadership Competency Profile:
- Has a “can do” attitude to achieve targets, recognises reasons for performance issues and find solutions for improvement
- Acts as a role model in supporting the company’s principles of; teamwork, managing safety, respect for others and security
- Can make decisions based on objective analysis and judgement and consider options to achieve best outcomes
- Can lead and motivate diverse groups of people, capitalising on their strengths, experience and knowledge to accomplish objectives.
- Able to empower others to take responsibility for their activities.
- Always looking for development opportunities for self and others
- Works collaboratively with both external and internal customers to meet their expectations and able to resolve any concerns.
- Has the ability to inspire change and facilitate a team-based approach to find new ways of working.
- Must be a champion of safety management and compliance with standards and policies/procedures
The salary for this role is depending on experience.
If this sounds like the job for you or you would like to hear more about this role, please click APPLY now or contact Jodie Tucker – Cordant People – Barnstaple on 01271 859135 or email me on
If you have not received a response within one week, then please assume that on this occasion, you have not been shortlisted. Thank you.
Cordant People are an equal opportunities employer
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer