- To be responsible for the daily operations of the company’s accounting systems to ensure adequate and timely budgetary and financial information
- To support the Finance Director in the creation of the detailed budgets, co-coordinating the monthly budget monitoring process ensuring that it is completed in accordance with the timetable and that the budget managers are given proper advice and assistance to complete the process.
- To ensure all financial information is accurate and complies with auditing legislation / regulations
- To support the Finance Director in the annual closure of accounts process ensuring they are completed accurately and in a timely manner
- To assist Service Managers in the calculation of financial performance indicators and Liaising with other Department Managers as and when required.
- To provide technical support in the effective provision of a VAT, Landfill Tax and Sub-Contractors tax service advice service for the company and to develop a regular information service on VAT matters so as to ensure that all managers within the Company are fully aware of their individual responsibilities in relation to VAT obligations.
- To ensure all required documentation is completed and processed as required by Company policies and procedures.
- Lead by example and display a positive attitude at all times.
- Ensure operational and financial efficiency of the Finance function
- To assist in the preparations of management accounts within the required deadlines for reporting to the Finance Director
- To analyse and reconcile the company’s inter-company balances to ensure accuracy
- To reconcile all bank accounts in the accounts software with the statements received from the bank to ensure financial accuracy
- To receive all monthly statistical information for invoice processing within set time frames
- To ensure all financial data is backed up and stored securely for business continuity
- To maintain good working relationships with external organisations to ensure confidence in the company’s financial systems
- To be responsible for the sales and purchase ledgers complying with company procedures
- To ensure all cashbook data and associated monies are up to date, accurate and banked as necessary
- Relevant professional experience (AAT or equivalent)
- Knowledge and understanding of company financial legislation processes and the ability to apply the knowledge to the company’s procedures
- The ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Computer literate and familiarity of computerised accounts packages e.g. Exchequer; Microsoft Office (particularly Excel and Word)
- The ability to recognise the need and apply confidentiality
- The ability to maintain good relationships with other organisations and individuals
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Reliable and trustworthy
- To undertake any other duties which may be required, and which are consummate with the posts position within the company.
THIS DESCRIPTION IS NOT INTENDED TO ESTABLISH A TOTAL DEFINITION OF THE JOB, BUT AN OUTLINE OF THE MAIN DUTIES.
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer