Finance Manager Job Purpose:
Responsible for the financial health of a company or organisation. Producing financial reports and developing strategies based on financial research. Guiding senior executives in making sound business decisions in the long and short term.
Finance Manager Job Duties:
- Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the company
- Oversee financial department employees, including financial assistants
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company
- Drive the continuous improvement of end-to-end accounting practices.
- Prepare and post monthly accruals, prepayments and similar accounting entries.
- Budgeting and forecasting.
- Review and prepare the analysis of monthly and quarterly numbers.
- Present financial reports to board members & Senior management
- Track the company’s financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement
- Dealing with working capital management and production of cash flow forecasts.
- Leading the team responsible for payroll, VAT and HMRC processes.
- Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation.
- Seek out methods for minimising financial risk to the company
- Managing an end-to-end audit process of current systems – while acting as the first point of contact for external auditors.
Finance Manager Skills and Qualifications:
Advanced degree in accounting, finance, or a related field; several years of experience in a finance role; superior mathematical skills; leadership skills and experience; employee management; understanding of data privacy standards; solid communication skills, both written and verbal; deep understanding of business principles and practices; superior attention to detail; organisational skills; analytical skills; critical thinking skills; problem-solving skills; computer skills; multi-tasking abilities; integrity, honesty.
Full time hours Monday-Friday
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer