Salary – Competitive and negotiable depending on experience
Are you an experience Financial Controller who is keen to work in a busy environment and has a good knowledge of the manufacturing sector? Do you have experience in leading, managing and motivating staff coupled with the ability to work in a fast paced and often changing environment?
If so, then we’d like to hear from you.
The team at Cordant People Cardiff are working exclusively with a leading and very well established manufacturing company based in Merthyr Tydfil.
Managing a team of 6, we are looking to hire someone who will be responsible for the efforts and results of the finance department, reporting to the Finance Director in regards to all financial and accounting activities.
- Maintain fixed asset register
- Prepayments and accruals
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Month-end reports and journal entries
- Preparation of Monthly accounts
- P & L Review
- Bank Reconciliations
- Invoice Discounting Reconciliations
- VAT returns
- Assist with stock takes
- Cash Management
- HP/Loan schedules
- Returns for the Office of National Statistics
- Managing insurance renewals
- Fleet (DS).
- Currency transactions.
- Making Supplier Payments and dealing with telephone queries
- Filing returns on Companies House
- Maintaining various spread sheets for Management Information
- Production of the Audit File and dealing with the external Auditors
- Dealing with Bank communication and the Relationship Managers
- Providing support to other departments
- Preparation of the Financial Calendar
- Supervise and manage finance department team members
- Motivate and lead finance team members by clarifying roles and providing helpful feedback
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Must have proficient pc/keyboard skills and knowledge of Microsoft office including Word & Excel.
- Good planning and organisational skills, able to plan ahead, complete tasks on time and to the required standard.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic with the ability to continuously improve the way they work.
- Must have the ability to deal with difficult situations calmly and objectively.
- Must be able to work well as part of a team, and take an active part in team working and achievement of objectives.
- Able to work well unsupervised and demonstrate initiative.
- Confident in dealing with individuals at all levels in the organisation.
- Flexible and adaptable, with a positive attitude to change and improvement.
- Ability to make effective decisions and to work to tight deadlines.
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritise activities in line with business requirements.
Interested? Please upload your CV immediately as a MS Word document to be immediately considered for this opportunity.
Cordant People ltd are an equal opportunities employer.
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer