Due to ongoing growth, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced time served Fitter/Machinist to join an established Engineering refurbishment company, based at their site in Warrington.
The client is a UK market leader in its industry involving the refurbishing, maintaining and repairing of pumps, motor gearboxes and fans, across a diverse cross section of industries including Chemical, Energy, Water, Food and Renewable Energy. Ideally you will have had experience of working in a sub-contracting repair environment.
Responsibilities of the Fitter/Machinist will be:
- Fitting, Repair and Maintenance of Pumps, Fans and Gearboxes.
- Stripping of Rotational equipment.
- Fitting both at workshop and on site of customers.
The Fitter/Machinist will have:
- Experience in pumps, fans, gearboxes.
- Experience in stripping rotating equipment to component level.
- Experience of using conventional lathes and conventional millers.
- Experience of reverse engineering of pump, motor, gearbox and fan parts.
- Must be able to read measuring equipment and make drawings of parts to be made.
- Can work with minimal supervision.
- Good communication skills.
- Minimum of 5 years experience.
Hours – Monday – Friday 8am – 4.30pm, 4pm Friday
Salary – Up to £29k (£14 hourly rate)
Overtime – Time and a half, Sunday – Double time
Access to a works van and other benefits
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer