Cordant People are currently recruiting for a Waste Operative / Counterbalance FLT Driver for our well known client based in the Chesterfield area.
- To work within the Cleaning & Waste Service Team, carrying out their duties effectively and efficiently in accordance with contractual requirements.
- To deliver the agreed services within the time frame allotted to their role and to the standard required.
- To develop good relationships with the on site Site Manager, Hygiene Team and Client Customers in Work Centres.
- To follow the Company’s Health, Safety and Quality procedures within the course of the role and ensure that the Cleaning & Waste department perform their duties within the correct HSQE guidelines at all times.
- To undertake the operation of Fork Lift Truck driving within a H&S conscious environment within the job role.
- To operate specific equipment, cleaning practises and use of chemicals to the correct operational guidelines.
- To assist and liaise with the site Manager / supervisor in the operation of the waste department on issues and initiatives.
- Ensured that all areas of the site are maintained and meet the needs of the contract and any relevant SLA’s.
- To ensure that all Health and Safety is understood and adhere to the site rules
- To carry out a daily and weekly check of all machinery to make sure that it is in a safe working condition and reporting any faults to the Site Manager.
- To report all accidents and/or potential hazards to the Site Manager and update appropriate records as necessary.
- To review all equipment verifying that they are kept clean and that equipment and materials are left secured when not in use.
- To report any damage and safety defects on the premises to the Site Manager and log where appropriate.
- To help monitor the waste produced using the weekly checklist and monitoring procedure.
- To deal with Customer complaints immediately in conjunction with the Site Manager.
- To attend appropriate training sessions to update knowledge of equipment, materials and company procedures.
- To maintain a pleasant and satisfactory customer relationship.
- Ensure all areas including bins within the premises are cleaned to the required frequency and SLA’s.
- Ensure all areas are checked and faults reported/recorded on appropriate documents
- To ensure awareness of Company/Client statutory fire and safety regulations and provide good safety methods of work.
- To undertake cleaning duties and any other related duties which are within the job holder’s capability, according to the needs of the business and as directed by the Line Manager.
- Ensure grounds are free from litter and waste storage area is kept clean and organised.
Days: 8am to 6:30pm – 4 on, 4 off including some weekends on a rota – £9.50 per hour
Proven experience of driving a FLT
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
External FLT Licence
Willingness to carry out other duties
**All successful applicants are required to undertake a DBS (Police Check)**
Sound like something you’d be interested in? Apply now!
Cordant People are an employment business and equal opportunities employer.
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer