At AB World Foods, we have a number of exciting permanent opportunities for new team members to join our Sauce production line at our well invested Patak’s manufacturing site in Leigh.
AB World Foods is an international branded food business, with approximately 800 employees across 8 locations, and as great as our brands are, our people and our culture are the reasons we’re so successful.
The Sauce production line is our fastest line on site, filling up to 300 jars per minute! To achieve this, we have a strong team of Preparation Operators, Multi Skilled Operators and Technicians who undertake a variety of tasks to ensure we produce high quality products for our consumers.
We are currently recruiting for the role of Food Production Operator for both days and nights. Both shifts are 6-6 and this is a direct permanent position with AB World Foods.
Nights – £25,149.84 (£13.39ph)
Days – £22,380.75 (£11.91ph)
The Food Production Operator is primarily based within the Cookhouse and associated areas. You are responsible for accurately preparing food ingredients ready to be used in production to an agreed standard of quality and hygiene. The Food Production Operator will be flexible at all times and capable of covering the Dry Preparation & Chiller areas. A key part of the role is to ensure ingredients are prepared in a timely manner to prevent disruption to production while maintaining excellent food safety standards. All tasks must be completed in a manner to achieve the safe, hygienic, efficient and best-cost manufacture of all designated products to the required quality, specification and quantity. Some accountabilities include:
- Ensuring that the highest standards of housekeeping, hygiene and other manufacturing practices are achieved while working to agreed Operating Standards.
- Providing details of mechanical problems affecting performance and actions taken to rectify issues.
- Achieving weekly output targets to ensure customer service levels are not compromised.
- Developing a good understanding of yield and material usage and managing ingredient stock levels in the Cookhouse.
- Accurately preparing food ingredients to an agreed standard of safety, quality and hygiene.
- Using judgement and initiative to maintain quality and carry out day to day tasks.
Skills & Experience
- Food Production/Manufacturing or Clean room environment (desirable)
- Machinery Operations (desirable)
- Food hygiene certification (desirable)
- Kitchen/Catering work; handling recipes, weights or measures (desirable)
- Awareness of Health and Safety
- Able to work under pressure in fast paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
Why choose us?
Our people are what make us special, which is why we are committed to making AB World Foods a great place to work, grow and develop for all our people. We have a strong track record and reputation for developing internal talent and our regular people review process, is designed to enable personal development.
We have many other fantastic benefits which can be shared with you on request.
Information you supply when you apply for a role with us will be held and used by AB World Foods Limited (registered in England and Wales under company number 01400901), for the purpose of considering your application and your suitability for employment and will be retained for no longer than necessary for these purposes unless you agree otherwise. See our Online Privacy Notice (https://abworldfoods.com/privacy-policy/) for further information about the way we use your data and about your rights in relation to this data.
If you have not received a response within one week, then please assume that on this occasion, you have not been shortlisted. We will contact you if there are any other suitable roles. Thank you
Cordant People are an equal opportunities employer
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer