Cordant People in Newport are currently recruiting a Full Stack Software Engineer to join one of our clients on a permanent contract in the Newport area. This would be a full time and permanent position. You would work for a fantastic company with lots of opportunities to develop and grow with the business.
They work with Mitel and Salesforce and have a number of enterprise reference customers.
Your main job roles will involve:
- You will be designing, coding and implementing new product features on our real time web application.
- There’ll be lots of responsibility: customer feature requests, deployments, integration’s and bug fixing are key parts of the role.
- You will be building reusable code and libraries for future use, while optimising the code for maximum speed and scalability.
- Work will vary between front end and back end. You will also be writing unit tests and implementing security measures.
Reasons to join are:
- Technology – You will be working on our new technologies, for example WebSockets, WebRTC and Vue.js.
- Skilled Team – You will work alongside a skilled, friendly and tight-knit technical team who can further your own development skills via an interactive work environment.
- Freedom – They offer relative freedom in how you complete tasks, as long as they are completed to requirements. They have no dress code and offer flexible working hours.
- Impact – As a start up, your work will be put into the hands of customers. Your work matters!
- Learning – They expect you to learn on the job and from your own reading. We provide training, but the main learning opportunity will be from hands-on development and solving problems.
- Company Ownership – They offer share options to all employees.
- Culture – The team is all in one open plan office, to ensure open communication and a friendly atmosphere. They run weekly sprints, with regular 1-on-1s. Company direction and progress is clearly communicated to all employees.
Skills you would need:
- PHP and related frameworks, ideally Laravel.
- HTML5 & CSS3.
- RESTful HTTP & WebSockets technologies
- Understanding of code versioning tools such as Git.
- Understanding of automated test platforms including unit & system tests.
- Understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, web functions and standards.
- Any exposure to WebRTC and SIP would be a distinct advantage, but is not required
- Great salary between £25,000 – £30,000 a year
- Working hours Monday to Friday 9 – 5
- Flexible working hours with the ability to work from home from time to time
- Free Lunch
- 22 Holidays + Bank Holidays
- Free on site parking
- Company Pension
- Daily dress down
- Company share options
If you have desire to work for an ambitious business and further develop your skills then please apply.
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer