Helpdesk Administrator – Cordant Group
Type Full-time, Permanent
Salary £19,000 – £20,000
Contact Scott Gallacher – Cordant Group
Are you career minded and ambitious? Wondering what it is like to work for one of the UK’s leading recruitment agencies? This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic individual who thrives in a vibrant environment and is committed to succeeding.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact and communicate with stakeholders at all levels projecting a positive demeanour at all times
- Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to analyse information
- Ability to adapt and realign focus with the desire to acquire new skills
- Ability to acknowledge and understand when to escalate matters to line manager
- Proficient IT Skills, working within both Microsoft and Google platforms
- To be the first point of contact for all issues reported to the Confidential Helpline
- To be responsible for ensuring the business investigates complaints and provides an appropriate resolution
- Responsible for the reporting of complaints raised via the confidential helpline
- Manage the resolution of customer complaints, within given timescales
- To input all complaints onto the database, reporting and seeing through to completion
- Escalate all unresolved issues/complaints to your line manager and the relevant operations manager
- To liaise with the business on a weekly basis and report on the level of unresolved complaints
- To provide complaint trends and communicate lessons learnt to the Head of Department so service levels can be improved
- Ensure that all written communication is carried out as per the complaints procedures
- To monitor all potential claims ensuring a minimal financial impact on the company
- Suggest improvements to processes within the business based on the queries raised
- To collate the monthly and quarterly board report for the SHEQ Director
- Management of the certification published to the Group Recruitment Brands Compliance site
- To support the compliance department with administration tasks where required, this will include (but is not limited to)
- Working Time Regulation reports
- Document control checking and maintenance of document control logs
- Chasing information from the front office
- Completion of reporting/analysis documentation
Are you the right person?
At the Cordant group, we are dedicated to recruiting the right individuals who can operate in a way that adheres to our core company values. Can you operate with candour and work collaboratively to create opportunities through a relentless work ethic?
We are committed to hiring professionals with the Cordant DNA; For this position, you demonstrate relevant experience.
The Cordant Group is a £850+ million business and is recognised nationally as the UK’s largest social enterprise. Operating with transparency, integrity, passion and innovation across all industry sectors, this role will open many opportunities for anyone seeking to fulfil ambitious career aspirations.
If this opportunity grabs your interest then you can apply via the button below or by emailing me directly at If you wish for further information about this role or a confidential conversation in the first instance you can contact Scott Gallacher at the Cordant Group or find me on LinkedIn.
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer