I am currently recruiting for a HGV Fitter for my client based in Rotherham. You will be responsible for repairing and maintaining a mixed fleet of vehicles and equipment.
- To maintain, inspect, repair and test the vehicles and equipment.
- Prepare, present and accompany all HGV vehicles, other than exempt categories, for annual MOT inspections.
- Carry out periodic safety inspections to all HGV vehicles to VOSA inspection manual standards.
- Carry out fault diagnosis on complex hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical systems.
- To carry out welding, fabrication and body repairs as required.
- To attend broken down or accident damaged vehicles and effect permanent or running repairs as required.
- To prepare and decommission vehicles.
- Fitting and removing a diverse range of ancillary equipment, accessories and livery.
- To complete associated paperwork to ensure that all statistics and legal information are produced, update dedicated workshop computer system as necessary.
- To ensure that all relevant legislation and Health and Safety procedures are adhered to.
- To maintain work areas in a safe and clean condition.
Hours: Monday – Friday (7am – 5pm) with an hour for lunch. One in two Saturdays on a rota basis (7am – 12pm).
Pay: £10-12 per hour depending on experience.
Cordant People are an employment business and an equal opportunities employer. Ref: CP1
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer