Quality Inspector – Mechanical
The quality Inspector will become part of a pro active mechanical engineering team who are involved with the manufacture of fabricated parts and assemblies. Working from Engineering drawings the role entails utilising conventional and electronic inspection equipment to ensure the assemblies are produced to the highest standards and specifications. If you are keen to join an enthusiastic team who have pride in their work.. read on
Purpose of the Quality Inspector are:
Working in as part of the manufacturing team, taking responsibility for inspecting parts and assemblies are produced to quality standards and client specification which entails:
- Inspection of high quality components, tools, moulds, fixtures.
- Plan inspection to ensure there are no hold ups within the manufacturing area
- Ensure inspection data is recorded and non conformance is reported to snr staff
- Performing incoming goods inspections (visual, geometric and functional)
- Work closely with the business units and relay feedback
- Support Root Cause Analysis and fault finding activities
- Play an instrumental part in process improvements
Skills and experience
Proven experience inspecting mouldings, tooling and fixtures
Previous use of : FARO arm, Laser technology equipment and CMM.
Attention to detail
Able to communicate decisions effectively to people at all levels
The ability to read drawings and interpret requirements
Computer literate including CAD and MS Office
Methodical and able to prioritise work to meet timescales
Monday to Friday 8am-4.30pm.
Free parking available
Keywords: inspector, inspection, Faro, Laser, CMM, Mechanical, quality, Moulding, assembly, fabrications, mechanical, engineerig
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer