IT Support Technician
My client, based in central Gloucester are currently looking for an IT Technician to join their team to assist with the day to day operations of IT requirements covering hardware, software, networking and telephony.
- Provide full desktop, server, network and telephony support
- Analysing and resolving problems/faults occurring in the operation of hardware and software
- First point of contact for all users of any ICT equipment
- Provide excellent customer service when engaging with users
- Maintain IT inventory of all equipment
- Investigating faults and resolving in a timely manner
- Keeping your line manager informed of all problems, especially repetitive or serious incidents
- Completing and maintaining Group change logs, including solutions and outcomes
- Escalating complex issues to Group IT for resolution
- Documenting all local procedures and processes to build a knowledge log
- Being involved in all IT projects, new starter set ups, planned upgrades and general improvements
- Monitor and undertake support tickets raised by either users or Group IT
- Completing any duties that the company require you to do within your role
Knowledge and Skills required:
- Ability to communicate with internal and external users / parties via email and phone
- Knowledge and experience of server operating systems including Microsoft Server 2008, 2012, 2016 (Knowledge of Linux operating systems would also be advantageous).
- Knowledge and previous experience of User Administration (Active Directory, Group Policies, Permission Groups)
- Proven ability / experience with desktop / laptop builds
- Strong excel skills
- Office products, including 365
- SQL (Desirable)
- VMWare (Desirable)
- IP telephony (Desirable)
- IT Support 2 years
In return, my client offer
33 Days holiday including bank holidays, Pension Plan, SMART Leave – the opportunity to purchase additional Annual Leave, Healthcare Cash Plan, Annual Health Screenings, Cycle to Work Scheme, Retailer Discounts and Free refreshments and much more!
This role is working Monday to Friday shifts 9.30am – 6.00pm with alternate weekends.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Cordant People who are operating as an employment Agency. Cordant People are an equal opportunities employer. Please note, if you do not hear back within 7 days, your application has been unsuccessful at this time.
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer