I am currently recruiting a Junior Quality Engineer to join one of my clients based in the Brynmawr area on a permanent basis. This would be a Junior role but it will have a lot of growth opportunity.
The ideal candidate will have experience in Quality Engineering, and preferably in the Automotive industry although this is not essential. Training will be providing in this role to.
You will be reporting to the QHSE Engineer where you will be responsible for providing support for the Quality, Environmental Health & Safety functions at the site. The engineer will be expected to support all areas of the business to ensure a safe working environment and compliance with all applicable quality, environmental and regulatory requirements. This will be achieved through the maintenance of a system that continues to meet the requirements of IATF16949, ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and our Customer requirements.
Main department duties:
- To comply with and enforce all Group and Site, policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- To ensure that the requirements of IATF16949, ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and our Customer requirements are fully met through the development, maintenance and enforcement of a suitable QMS & EMS.
- To promote a strong site compliance culture.
- To control quality related projects, utilising the appropriate tools and techniques, to promote and continually improve quality and performance targets throughout the organisation.
- To agree control parameters for all on-site processes, identify and develop methods for controlling and implement monitors for reporting against these significant parameters.
- To report to the applicable managers the site’s performance against agreed targets and objectives.
- To provide the support necessary to ensure that all aspects of the Site’s system are maintained and continually improved.
- To minimise scrap and maximise levels of Customer satisfaction by the implementation of robust root cause analysis and sustainable corrective actions.
Your main job roles:
- To liaise with suppliers, internal and external customers on all quality related issues.
- Facilitate and communicate expectations throughout the Plant.
- Effectively interact with Purchasing, Production and Development teams to maintain product supply and help introduce new products.
- Participate in APQP activities on all new or changed products as appropriate.
- As part of the APQP process, ensure all quality related documentation for new or changed products are prepared against identified timescales.
- Ensure Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) documentation for all new or changed products as required by the Customer are produced in a timely manner.
- To carry out internal audits of the quality and environmental management system, processes and products at defined frequencies.
- To maintain the calibration system for all measuring equipment.
- To participate in and where necessary facilitate, robust problem-solving activities in response to internal and external concerns
- To assist in the development of consistent processes for data collection and the preparation and reporting of KPI’s that support company objectives.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant national and international standards, current and future legislation as applicable.
- Implement and maintain a 5S housekeeping system that is sustainable and achieves recognised improvement.
- To attend training and to develop relevant knowledge and skills.
- To provide support and cover in the absence of colleagues and to undertake any such other appropriate duties as directed by the QHSE Manager. (training will be provided for the above)
Main Skills Required:
- Good communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels of the business and with Customers and Suppliers.
- Have confident and Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to operate at a strategic and site level
- Ability to make tough decisions and deal with complex situations.
- Able to work individually and as part of a team with minimal supervision.
- Ability to motivate and direct staff to achieve measurable results.
- Understanding of IATF16949, ISO 9001, ISO 14001, REACH, H&S and Customer Specific requirements is (Beneficial but not essential)
- Experience in internal audits
- Computer literate and proficient in “Microsoft Office”.
- Experience in Quality Management of some kind.
- Need to be able to drive a car
- Must be flexible
- Comfortable with having a few nights away every now and again.
You would get a salary of £20,000 a year + additional benefits. Your working hours would vary from 7 – 4 and 8:30 – 5
If you are someone who is looking for the next step in your career and you are ambitious and you are willing to learn then please apply for this role.
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer