My Client Durham University are looking for Kitchen Porters to Join their team ASAP on an AD-Hoc basis.
Kitchen Porters are responsible for providing a professional, efficient catering service for students, staff and visitors while ensuring that food production is presented and served to an exceptional standard.
Previous experience in a similar role/environment is essential. The candidates must be fully flexible to work between the hours of 7am and 9.30pm for 5 days out of 7, including evenings and weekends. The times may vary so full flexibility is essential.
The role will include:
- sharing menu and product knowledge including answering questions regarding individual allergen and dietary requirements
- ensure food is appropriately produced, presented, served and replenished
- assist other team members with the application of basic audit and stock control tasks
- where directed, wear and use personal protective equipment and clothing to carry out tasks
The candidates must have:
- experience of basic food production and preparation
- the ability to accurately follow written and oral instructions
- a positive “can do” attitude
- excellent attention to detail
- willingness to work flexibly
- basic numeracy and literacy skills
- the ability to work under pressure
It would also be desirable for the candidates to hold their level 2 basic food safety hygiene certificate.
If you feel you are suitable for this role, please apply ASAP.
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer