We’re urgently on recruiting for an experienced Legal Cashier for one of our professional services clients based in Stokcport.This exciting and challenging opportunity will be reporting into the Accounts Manager and will be supporting with efficient assistance in Cashier/bookkeeping duties.The successful candidate will be self motivated, organised, works well under pressure, takes pride in their attention to detail, committed to doing a quality job, a problem solver and works well as part of a team.Duties & responsibilities:
- Daily banking, reconciliations and allocation of client funds
- Issue of payments from both client and office accounts
- Issue of petty cash monies as and when requested and to ensure sufficient monies are
available at all times.
- Raising bills on matters.
- Purchase Ledger duties.
- Inputting postings to the accounts system on a daily basis
- Answer internal and external accounts queries.
- Posting all receipts to the appropriate ledgers on the same day.
- Assist with month end and any other duties as required by the Accounts Manager.
- Managing own work allocation, productivity and quality of work with minimum supervision
- Assisiting fee earners with queries
- Complying with SRA rules
- Practical experience of accounts administration
- Excellent knowledge of accounting principles
- Dealing with high volume transactions
- Conversant in IT Packages
- Ability to handle client enquiries
- Experience of working in a legal environment
- Demonstrate a commitment to personal development
Salary is dependant on experience, normal office hours (9am-5.30pm) and it is a permanent role.
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer