Vacancy: Legal Cashier
Salary: £26,000: £29,000 DOE
Working hours: Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm.
My client, a Legal Establishment based in Rutherglen are currently looking for an enthusiastic Legal Cashier to join their team. Previous Cashier experience within a Law Firm is essential for this position as is knowledge of Society of Law Accountants in Scotland (SOLAS) procedures. Above all, you will have a strong head for numbers and a good understanding of how a busy legal firm operates.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- Previous Cash room experience within a Legal Firm
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) with some case management system experience
- Impeccable attention to detail
- An ambitious, positive approach to bring to the role
- Understanding of Anti Money Laundering rules and regulations
- Confidence in dealing with clients as well as colleagues
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Daily postings and day book
- Bank reconciliations
- Processing CHAPS and BACS payments
- Checking cash statements and fee notes
- Processing month end
- Processing DEBIT card payments
- Monitoring ledger balances and lodging funds
- Guardianship management and annual accounts
- Paying firm invoices
- Accounts certificate
- PI Insurance
- VAT returns
- Lenders panel management
- Money Laundering
- General office queries
If you feel you have the desired skills and Legal Firm experience then please submit your CV.
With 17 specialised brands in our portfolio our aim is to revolutionise and change the face of recruitment, ensuring service delivery across a multitude of our clients and candidates. We are a family business with a family feel and our culture, ethics and approach to ensuring we hire only the very best within the industry are crucial to us.
Cordant People Scotland currently have 5 locations within Scotland – Edinburgh, Glasgow, Livingston, Stirling and Dundee.
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer