I’m currently recruiting for a Logistics Manager to join a market leading Company.
My client is one of the largest manufacturers and suppliers in the world within their industry, supplying businesses and wholesalers with their range of unique products.
This department is extremely busy. There are shipments going out on a daily basis from the UK and NYC warehouses.
The Logistics manager will ensure that all deliveries go out on time, correctly, with the right shipping documents and at the right cost.
You will have experience of dealing with couriers such as DHL/Fedex etc and looking for the best deals on a daily basis.
Liaise with internal/external customers, transport companies and suppliers to negotiate and set up contracts.
Communication between all warehouses to ensure a consistent service
- The role for the Logistics manager is to create, process and transmit deliveries for supplies with the aim of deliveries being accurate and cost effective
- To be able to communicate with various suppliers to ensure on time delivery of products
- To attend daily meetings and provide accurate information to support other departments
- To process invoice queries in relation to discrepancies
- To support other areas of the business in processing purchase orders through to completion
- Learn policies and procedures
- Experience in a similar role of a logistics within a manufacturing/distribution environment – previous export/shipping experience
- Problem solving skills
- Good communications skills
- Able to work as part of a team and sharing ideas
- Able to follow and understand work instructions
- Able to work within own devices
- Computer literate in the areas of Excel and Word and experience in using CRM system
- The most important thing is to have experience of working to very tight deadlines
There are a host of benefits for a Logistics manager on offer:
- A competitive salary of £20,000 – £30,000
- 20 days holiday entitlement plus bank holidays
- Free parking
- Government Pension Scheme
If you have not received a response within one week, then please assume that on this occasion, you have not been shortlisted.
We will consider your application for other potential roles.
Cordant People are an equal opportunities employer
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer