Job title: Multi-skilled Maintenance Craftsperson Electrical
Salary: £21,982 – £24,157 per year (Depending on Experience)
Temp to Perm Position
- Install, maintain, service and repair electrical installations and equipment in a multi-skilled capacity.
- Maintain the electrical engineering fabric of the Hospital.
- Ensure that the Trust properties are maintained to a safe standard and compliance to statutory standards and guidance.
- Ensure a safe environment for patients, visitors and staff.
Technical Craft Skills.
To diagnose and fault find on the complex working of the electrical, electro/mechanical and complex systems throughout the Trust with knowledge of electrical distribution systems/electrical plant/ventilation plant/Heating and hot water systems/industrial/catering, portable equipment and fixed installation repairs.
Undertake fault finding and testing of complex Low Voltage networks and critical systems. Inspect patient’s personal electrical equipment and advise them on the safety and suitability for use in the hospital. Carry out Portable Appliance
- Supervise Maintenance Assistants and to give guidance where required.
- To liaise with Team Leaders and Estates Officer regarding plant or equipment failures and to suggest introductions to changes in operating procedures.
- To increase efficiency and reduce costs, such as energy consumption.
- To order supply of goods and materials and also, travelling to suppliers to purchase materials and equipment, sometimes for emergency situations.
- Update technical drawings and maintenance records after alterations and survey work.
- Work as a lone Technician or part of a team, following own initiative and decision making, guided by clearly defined occupational policies. Is accountable for own professional actions. Work is managed, not directly supervised. Also, providing a 24-hour on-call service with no on-site supervision covering all aspects of other trades.
- To frequently move scaffold, extending ladders, heavy plant and lift manhole and inspection chambers manually and by mechanical means. Also heavy office equipment I.e. desks, computer equipment and filing cabinets to gain access to work areas.
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer