Due to ongoing growth, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Maintenance Fitter to join a large established Recycling company based in Liverpool.
The company is a market leader within its field of Metal Recycling, winning many prestigious awards and have ambitious growth plans to enhance their current services across the UK.
The role requires keeping equipment and machinery in optimum operational condition, including heavy mobile and static plant such as excavators, wheel loaders, shears, balers & shredders and other relevant equipment used within the metal recycling industry.
The Maintenance Fitter responsibilities will include:
* The diagnosis and resolution of breakdown problems
* To respond rapidly to breakdowns thereby minimising the period of time any equipment is out of action
* To ensure all machinery is maintained to a high standard and capable of operating in line with Company standards
* To comply with all machine operating systems
* To keep accurate records of all machinery on site
* To complete and maintain all documentation on the Company maintenance tracking system
* To make written and/or verbal reports to line managers as required
* To attend progress meetings with line managers as and when required
* To carry out any additional duties that may be reasonably requested from time to time
* To comply with Company policies and procedures as defined in the Employee Manual and the post holder’s terms & particulars of employment
* Proven track record of working in a comparable role
* The ability to strip down and rebuild hydraulic, mechanical components on heavy machines
* The ability to weld metals of all types including heavy sections & assemblies
* Able to understand technical drawings relating to machinery
* Competent in lifting and slinging
* A working knowledge of diesel engine maintenance
* ONC level qualifications or equivalent
* NVQ Level 3 or above in a relevant subject
* IT Literate with the ability to use a range of packages applicable to the role, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook (emails)
* HNC qualifications in a relevant subject area
* Capable of the diagnosis of component level hydraulic faults
* Ability to operate basic machine shop machinery; lathes, milling machines etc.
* Working knowledge of 3-phase electrics
* The ability to work in a clean room environment
* Relative experience in metal recycling and other associated processes
Hours – Monday – Friday 7.45am – 5pm
Salary – £28-30k, dependent on experience
Plus readily available overtime and on call earning potential
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer