Main Duties: Job Specific Tasks
- Using Bridgeport, star lathe and other 3 axis milling systems to produce quality machined parts, fixtures and tooling
- Studying work orders, drawings and machine planning (some training given).
- Working to set procedures and tolerances
- Maintain continuity among colleagues by documenting, reporting and communicating on actions, irregularities and continuing needs.
- To undertake training and operate a range of manually operated CNC machinery.
- To maintain the work area to a high standard of housekeeping.
- Be prepared to undertake training and on occasion provide cover on programmable CNC machinery
Main Duties: Health & Safety
- Adhere to policies set out by the business.
- The immediately correct or report any identified hazard.
- To consistently prioritise the safety of the workforce.
- Maintain personal standards of dress in line with policy and conduct yourself in a professional manner to all staff, customers and visitors.
- Report any accidents or near misses immediately.
Main Duties: Quality
- To ensure all relevant checks and paperwork are completed.
- To ensure all databases are kept up to date.
- Adhere to all risk assessments, safe systems of work, standard operating procedures and environmental practices.
- Ensure you are familiar with and understand any changes in policy and understand the contents of the H+S board.
Personal & cultural attributes
- Treat all fellow colleagues with dignity and respect
- To communicate clearly and effectively
- Can work to deadlines
- Can adapt to change
- To be courteous to colleagues
- Must be able to work well in a team
- Flexible and willing to learn
- Good timekeeping
- Maintains a clean and tidy work place
- To use Bridgeport, star lathe and other 3 axis milling systems to produce quality machined parts and tooling.
- To train on and on occasion provide cover for a variety of manual CNC machines to produce a variety of high quality parts, fixtures and tooling.
- To help plan and innovate new fixtures and machining methods.
- Maintaining quality and safety standards.
- Working to set procedures and tolerances.
- To strive to work safely, efficiently and to a good standard.
Cordant People is an equal opportunities employer
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer