This is an outstanding opportunity to work for a leading global engineering company. Our client based in South Molton is a part of an Aerospace Group, producing and modifying components for leading aerospace and defence companies worldwide. The site has close links to other sites in the UK and globally.
We are looking for a motivated Team Leader to oversee activities associated with manufacturing and production. You will be required to monitor and manage personnel. In this position you will drive continuous improvement in production, quality, and safety.
Reporting to the Manufacturing Team Manager – Your role will include:
- Assignment of work responsibilities on a day to day basis
- Driving continuous improvement in production, Kaizen & 5S standards within the company framework
- Achieve key metrics for Health and Safety, Quality and On-Time Delivery.
- Participation in 8D investigations
- Assure quality compliance of all team members and processes within work group
- Raising and closing Quality non conformance
- Manage shift patterns, overtime and holiday for team members
- Performance management of all team members
- Quarterly reviews and development actions for team members
- Timely and effective resolutions of employee relation issues
- Recruitment support and selection activities
- Time, attendance and time card management
- To complete COSHH assessments in your area
Technical Knowledge and skills required:
- Computer Skills; Excel, Word, Outlook
- A strong communicator who promotes a leaning culture
- Strong leadership and coaching skills
- Lean manufacturing/Operational excellence skills in 6S, Value Stream Mapping, Standard Work, Visual Management, processed focused
- Problem solving skills
- Minimum 3-5 Years within Manufacturing /Operations
- Minimum 1-3 Years in leading others
- Proficient in reading and writing English
- Degree or Equivalent
If this sounds like the job for you or you would like to hear more about this role, please click APPLY now or contact Jodie Tucker – Cordant People – Barnstaple on 01271 859135 or email me on
If you have not received a response within one week, then please assume that on this occasion, you have not been shortlisted. Thank you.
Cordant People are an equal opportunities employer
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer