I am delighted to be working with a global manufacturing company on their search for a mechanical fitter to join their team at their Consett plant.
Your overall job purpose is to maintain and oversee the safe and effective use of the Consett Plant.
- Maintain the effectiveness of all guarding and safety devices implemented by the company.
- Liaise and support all sub-contractors that work on site, especially with regards to company Health and Safety controls and guidelines.
- Where possible use a preventative system of maintenance.
- Fully engage in the culture of continuous improvement of manufacturing processes or highlighting cost saving ideas with plant or machinery.
- Engage in all Environmental procedures on site and take part in the monitoring and recording of such.
- Report any misuse of machinery, abuse of any safety system or damage to the fabric of the site to the maintenance Coordinator/Site Manager.
- Well organised, able to prioritise and multi-task in a demanding environment.
- Be self motivated.
- Must be able to work alongside and interact with any other operatives or departments.
- Posses practical knowledge of Health & Safety statutes and be able to translate to the shop floor.
- A good knowledge of Fabrication and Mig Welding is essential.
- A good knowledge of Pneumatic’s and Hydraulics needed.
- Basic use of Lathe, Vertical Miller and Surface Grinder is essential.
- Press tool maintenance knowledge is an advantage.
- Previous mechanical experience is essential.
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer