My client is looking for temporary Medical Record Clerks, ongoing until next year then it will be reviewed.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITES:
- To perform all administrative procedures relating to the availability of patient e-notes and case notes for all inpatient and outpatient activity.
- To comply with Hugh Symons (Scanning Company) boxing software procedures including electronically tracking all case notes despatched to Hugh Symons for digitisation.
- To undertake careful preparation of the Legacy health record to ensure loose papers and documents relating to the last Event, either Outpatient or Inpatient, are correctly filed behind the corresponding Tab. This will ensure the file is ready for scanning
- To check patient details are correct and amend or update details on the Patient Master Index (IPM) to standards set by Data Assurance (DA).
- Use the ICE IT system or any other software system currently in use to ensure that correspondence, results and reports are available to view electronically. Should they not be available for clinicians to view then print for outpatient clinics and place them in the Event Outpatient folder.
- To be responsible for locating all Legacy health records, to ensure they are prepped, scanned and available at the required time.
- To prepare Day Forward folders ready for scanning, ensuring correct classification sheets are in place with correct document.
- When this process hasn’t been adhered to return the Day Forward folder for amendement to the last department/ward the patient attended.
- To carry out the validation process on a daily basis.
- To report any errors found to a Team Leader for loging with Hugh Symons
- To assist in the programme of patient case notes distribution, collection and return to Hugh Symons, External Sacnning Company.
- To locate external and internal test results, either by telephone, email or by using internal IT systems in preparation for outpatient appointment.
- To electronically track health records across the Trust by using Patient Document Tracking (PDT).
- To develop and maintain effective working relationships with clinicians, nursing staff, ward clerks and medical secretaries within the Trust in order to achieve accurate health record preparation and provide a seamless service to patients.
- To ensure that all off-site clinics are prepared within agreed timescales.
- To manage, organise and prioritise own workload on a daily basis, ensuring that all workloads for the week ahead are planned, prepared and organised to meet deadlines
- To be responsible for ensuring that all e-notes/case notes for patients attending outpatient/inpatient activity are available in time for consultation and late additions .
- Assist in the programme to identify duplicate case notes created in error and ensure Data Assurance department are notified.
- To move and handle patient case notes using the appropriate equipment supplied by the Trust i.e. boxes, cages, trolleys, ladders by following correct moving and handling techniques..
- To deal with unscannable items returned from Hugh Symons according to process agreed for each item category.
- To provide and maintain accurate records for departmental audits and statistics.
- To support with the orientation and training of colleagues.
The role is full time Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and you must be able to pass a DBS