Cordant People are currently recruiting for a Mortgage Administrator for one of our clients, a financial services business in Penarth.
This is a full time, permanent role with good prospects and progressive opportunities. The working hours are 9am – 5pm. Experience in financial services isn’t essential for this role but you must have had experience with mortgages and possess a good administration background.
Purpose of the role
To competently provide assistance to the Mortgage Advisers with the placement, administration and completion of mortgage applications.
- Keep up-to-date with new product, technical or legislative changes within the marketplace.
- Comply at all times with the Compliance and Training and Competence Procedures of the firm.
- Perform a general evaluation of an application (financial documents, mortgage type etc.)
- Assist the Adviser with selecting the most appropriate mortgage
- Gather all important data from client (Bank Statements, ID, income proofs)
- Verify information provided
- Submit completed application to mortgage company
- Act as point of contact between mortgage company, client and solicitors/estate agents
- Prepare and retain the file in a compliant manner
- Conduct a final review of the file before closing
In return, you will receive:
- A competitive basic salary (£17,000)
- 20 days holiday per annum
- Pension contribution
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer