Due to ongoing growth, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer to join an established Manufacturer, based at their plant in Bolton. The client is an internationally recognised Manufacturer/Packager of cleaning products with a wide variety of products known around the world.
Ideally you will be Electrically biased, with Mechanical knowledge and come with experience from either Packaging, Food, FMCG, Chemical or other similar fast moving Manufacturing or Production industries.
Purpose of the role is to follow Standard Operating Procedures and work in a safe manner, working towards Preventable Plant Maintenance procedures to eliminate downtime and to respond and eliminate intermittent faults, maximising efficiency in the plant.
The Maintenance Engineer responsibilities will be:
- To regularly “walk the plant” monitoring production line performance, taking suitable and sufficient remedial action to maintain line output and minimise downtimes; to have a working knowledge of current SKU’s, Job Bag requirements and QMS. To routinely monitor line performance, outputs, reject rates, cycling failures, mechanical and electrical problems etc., and report on a monthly basis.
- To ensure the day to day safe repair and maintenance of all plant and equipment; to ensure the provision and regular updating of the critical spares list and, where applicable, raising the appropriate Purchase Order Requisition; to monitor and routinely review stocks of spares and key items of equipment to maintain machinery, plant and equipment uptimes.
- To assist in production line changes, minimising line downtimes and product and packaging wastage, returning the line to an effective operational status at budgeted cost of goods.
- To provide the appropriate levels of technical support in the review, purchase, installation and commissioning of all new plant and equipment; to take responsibility for the management of the installation and commissioning elements with the support of the Production Manager.
- Apprentices – to provide the necessary guidance, support and practical day to day hands-on experience to enable any trainee to successfully complete the Level 3 Diploma in Engineering and Electrical studies or its equivalent and to ensure their contributions to the business grows exponentially over their period of training. To provide written reports on trainee progress in conjunction with the Production Manager.
- To have an enthusiastic approach in all aspects of the role, to influence the behaviour of others, to persuade, to motivate and to challenge the way we do things, recognising the positive impact the role has on the general wellbeing of the Company (the feel good factor). To exercise formal authority and leadership.
Also the Maintenance Engineer will be:
- Either time served or ONC/HNC qualified (Desirable)
- Experience of working in a multi-skilled maintenance role requiring mechanical and some electrical knowledge/knowhow
- Understanding of engineering/maintenance techniques
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimum supervision
- Analytical and structured, requires good attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Personal Qualities – committed/flexible/persistent/determined/teamworker
- IT Skills for the use of remote diagnostics to trouble shoot issues
Salary: £35k, plus enhanced holiday scheme, pension scheme, overtime.
Shifts: Days 5.30am – 1.30pm/1.30pm – 10pm
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer