The Northern Ireland Protocol will require businesses moving goods between GB and NI to engage in new processes from 1 January 2021. To meet the requirements of these changes our award-winning team is seeking to expand as we launch our new customs declaration service.
The roles will be ideal for individuals who are self-starters with a keen desire to learn, have a strong commercial drive and a strong commitment to meeting and exceeding customers’ expectations.
We are seeking individuals with experience of customs and international trade, or experience and skills which are clearly transferable to this role i.e. export, import, shipping. You will be enthusiastic in developing a long-term career in international trade and comfortable working in a fast-paced business.
Role Titles: NI Protocol, Customs & Trade Advisor
Reporting To: Team Manager
Location Homebased with office hubs for training, 121 meetings and coaching.
Operational Hours: 07:30-22:30 Monday-Sunday, 365 days a year
RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS
- Deal effectively with inbound enquiries, provide timely, accurate and guidance on trader registration and declaration submissions
- Effectively refer members and customers to a wider Trade team and other parties as required
- Gathering data on EORI numbers, VAT numbers and commodity codes to tailor further engagement
- Checking of all relevant customs and trade documentation
- Data Administration and validation
- Accurately complete and submit of customs declarations using simplified, summary, and standard procedures
- Delivering service in line with HMRC standards
- Liaising and effectively communicating with other Government agencies such as HMRC as and when required
- Supporting other team members by sharing best practice
- Effectively recording of customer & partner interactions on CRM and any other relevant processes as required
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Ability to organise own workload
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience in customer engagement
- Well developed IT skills. (e.g. Microsoft packages – CRM and email)
- Ability to self manage but also work as part of a team
- Excellent customer service and relationship building
- Problem solving / Solutions oriented to service customers effectively.
- Experience of working to tight deadlines
- Demonstrate clear interest for developing a career in customs.
Qualifications & Experience: 2+ years working in customs or international trade or with skills gained from other similar work experience (e.g. import, export, shipping etc)
- Join the pension scheme after successful completion of probation period
- Career progression and completion of the training academy.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please complete the online application and attach your CV. Please note that applications without a CV will not be considered.
Staggered start dates are being planned and ongoing recruitment will continue.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £20,000.00-£23,000.00 per year
- Work from home
- All equipment including a laptop provided
- Fortnightly pay
- Day shift, between the hours of 7:30am and 10:30pm, 37.5 hours a week, the service is open 365 days a year so you will be required to work weekends and bank holidays.
- customs or international trade: 2 years (Preferred)
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer