Due to ongoing growth, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Night Shift Manager to join a established, fast paced, food production company, based at their site in Maghull, Liverpool.
The client is a UK market leader in its chosen Food industry supplying to many Food Service Businesses, Wholesalers and Retailers across the UK.
The successful candidate will be a proactive key member of the Production team, managing all production and employees on the night shift. Responsible for Health and Safety, quality, efficiency and accurate reporting, and will have Food Production supervisory experience or considerable experience from within an FMCG environment.
Responsibilities of the Night Shift Manager will include:
- Ensure staff work in a safe manner
- Ensure the highest quality of production in the most efficient manner
- Driving standards – PPE, hand washing, food hygiene etc
- Training and knowledge of HACCP CCP’s
- Adherence and implementation of pre-start checks, plant start-ups and plant handovers after ay intervention that may affect health and safety or food safety
- Liasing with the Technical Team and accompanying hygiene audits
- Recruit, train and mentor Operatives
- Manage staffing resources (permanent/agency) and allocate tasks
- Supervising and Management of Production Operatives
- Coordinate with Engineering Manager preventative maintenance and repair prioritisation as required
The key activities of the Night Shift Manager will be:
Applying health and safety practices at all times
Follow ALL food hygiene and product quality control measures
Oversee all production activities, producing to Provided Production Plans
Fully understanding manufacturing processes, suggesting improvements where applicable
Planning and prioritising activities
Staff management, including training, RTW, accident reporting etc
- Reporting production details, measures and KPI’s accurately and timely
- Resolving problems and troubleshooting in an efficient manner
- Other reasonable tasks as agreed with Operations Director
Hours are Monday-Friday, 9.30pm-6am.
Salary £30-33k dependent on experience, plus benefits, on site parking.
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer