Are you technically minded? Do you have the drive and dedication to learn a skill with the long-term aim to progress in a company?
Our rural located client is a well established market leader in the print industry and are looking for a printer assistant / production operative to join their team, beginning on a temp to perm basis.
We are looking for quirky and friendly characters who want to feel at home in a company and have a laugh as well as supporting on going development.
Your hard work and loyalty will be rewarded with a career in a fantastic business who pride themselves in being a close and supporting network of people, with a real interest in your on going development! This is a great opportunity for someone who is dedicated to their work with the drive and perseverance to become the best.
Own transport is essential due to the location, with free on site parking. You will be working a continental shift pattern of 4 on 4 off, hours of 7am-7pm / 7pm-7am.
- clean the printer and surrounding area on a daily basis
- supply the print machines with film from the stores, sorting out reels where appropriate
- follow all instructions and extra duties set by seniors
- waste management
- prepare the ink/film for the next job while the current job is still in production
- operate shift change smoothly and effectively – ensuring good communication on the hand over
- keep all solvents and inks topped up to an acceptable level
- complete all paperwork on every job before filing the job away for sample checking
- obtain a high level of house keeping around the press at all times, reporting any problems to the print Foreman.
- always leave the press clean and tidy at end of shift and finalising with completing the end of shift report.
Please apply with your up to date CV or call on 01522 534319 for more information
Cordant People are advertising this position as a recruitment business and are equal opportunity employers.
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer